Here's a Valentine's breakfast or dessert everyone will love you for. I'm planning on making one for my family and one to take to work this year. I just did this test run and it was really easy to make and makes a delicious dessert or breakfast. Kid-appoved, too!
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
8 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup raspberry jam
1/4 cup pine nuts
Decorative candy topping (I used these red candy beads)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix in butter with a fork until crumbs form. Set aside 1 cup of crumbs.
3. Mix in baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, milk, vanilla extract and 1 egg. Spread into a greased 9x9" baking pan.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 egg. Pour over batter in pan.
|I covered the top of the cookie|
cutter in foil to keep crumbs out.
6. Cover a metal heart-shaped cookie cutter in foil and lightly place in the center of the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle reserved crumb topping and pine nuts over all areas outside of the heart.
7. Bake for 45-55 mins. Carefully remove foil from heart-shaped cookie cutter and add candy topping. Carefully remove heart-shaped cookie cutter and serve.
Things you might need to make this: