Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad Recipe

Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad Recipe

This is a really appetizing and filling low-carb meal idea: Start with the chicken salad and serve with a side of steamed or raw broccoli and low-carb bread toasted with a slice of cheese. I got this simple recipe from my cousin Meg after having it at her house. I don't normally like chicken salad, but this was so light and fresh tasting, compared to other chicken salad I've had, that I ended up asking her what was in it. I think it's the cranberries and walnuts that give it an nontraditional flavo.

Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad Recipe
Try it topped
 with fresh tomatoes
Ingredients
6-7 chicken breasts, shredded
1 cup mayo
1/3 cup dijon mustard
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup celery, finely chopped
1/4 tsp paprika
salt & pepper to taste

Directions
1. Boil or cook chicken breast in salted water, in a Crock-Pot until thoroughly cooked then remove and shred.

2. Add mayo, dijon mustard, cranberries, celery, walnuts and salt & peper. Best if chilled for at least 1 hour before serving.

Serves: 6-8