Mediterranean Turkey Casserole Recipe

Mediterranean Turkey Casserole Recipe



I love the fresh, exotic taste of this dish. Using ground turkey makes it refreshingly healthy and it's quick enough to make on a weeknight. This year I'm growing mint, parsley, chives, basil and thyme. I love growing herbs and finding new ways of using them. I came across this excellent recipe from My Hala Kitchen after doing a search for "turkey mint parsley" which is what I had on hand. I was pretty excited when the dish ended up tasting so good and the hubs and kids actually liked it too. I was able to put a little spin on it, borrowing some flavors from other recipes I've tried, by adding lime juice and feta cheese. Since not all recipes I try are good, I was glad this one was a success so I can now add it to the dinner line up. I'm really trying to branch out here and this was a good step in a new flavor direction!

Ingredients 
4 tbsp grape seed oil
4 large potatoes, diced
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes
1 lb ground turkey
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp fresh mint, chiffonade
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chiffonade
1/4 cup feta cheese

Directions
1. Boil potatoes until soft then transfer to heated skillet with 1 tbsp oil and cook over medium/high heat until golden brown.

2. In another skillet, sauté onion and garlic in remaining oil over medium/low heat until softened. Stir in diced tomatoes. Add ground turkey, breaking up into small pieces. Cook turkey until slightly browned. Stir in paprika, salt, pepper and lime juice.

3. Gently fold in crisped potatoes, mint and parsley. Serve topped with crumbled feta cheese.

Serves: 2-4

If you like the herb mint used in unexpected ways, you might also like our Orzo Salad w/ Honey Vinaigrette Dressing recipe!