I've been wanting to find a Valentine's Day recipe that will become a tradition in our household. The past few years I've tried different recipes incorporating hearts, pink and red in various ways. But nothing came out really amazing or easy. This year I think we found a winner! These are so super easy and adorable and taste amazing. Here's how to make these stained glass Valentine's Day cookies:
1 (7oz) bag assorted jolly rancher flavors
1 (17.5oz) bag Betty Crocker Sugar Cookies
1 stick butter, softened
1 tbsp flour (plus more for rolling)
You will also need: parchment paper or silicon baking sheets, a double heart-shaped cookie cutter, plastic sandwich bags and a dish towel.
1. Prepare dough as directed with egg, butter and flour.
2. On a floured surface, roll out dough until 1/4" thick.
3. Use a double heart or a small and a large cookie cutter to create hollow heart cookies. Place hollowed hearts onto cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
4. Place like-colored jolly ranchers into plastic bag, cover with a dish towel and hammer until jolly ranchers are crushed to pieces.
5. Fill centers of hearts with crushed jolly ranchers.
6. Bake on 350˚ for 7-8 minutes or until edges are slightly golden brown.
7. Let cool and remove with spatula.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Things you may need: