Creamy Tomato Spinach Ravioli Recipe

Creamy Tomato Spinach Ravioli Recipe

I tasted this dish for the first time a few weeks ago and it's already a family favorite. I went to a Pampered Chef party my friend was hosting and they cooked a sample meal to demonstrate the products and this is what they cooked. This dish is incredibly easy to make and it tastes like something you'd pay $20-25 for at a fancy Italian restaurant. I recreated this recipe for friends and they said it was awesome (even the kiddos liked it!)

Ingredients
1 (32oz) bag frozen cheese ravioli
1/4 cup cooking oil
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 small onion, chopped
2 (14.5oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste (get the kind in a tube)
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 tsp oregano
1 (8oz) bag fresh spinach leaves
1 cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese blend

Directions
1. In a large skillet, saute garlic and onion in oil ove medium/low heat. Add frozen ravioli, stir to coat in oil so it doesn't stick to pan. Cook ravioli for about 15 mins, stirring frequently.

2. Add diced tomatoes, whipping cream and oregano. Cook over medium heat for another 15 minutes, stirring frequently.

3. Add spinach and cover. Cook about 8 mins or until spinach is wilted.

4. Add cheese and stir to thoroughly mix. Serve with homemade garlic bread.

Serves: 4

By the way, here's what I ordered at the Pampered Chef party. The medium-sized spatula which is awesome, it's like a scraper, stirring stick and spatula all in one! I also got a new pizza stone with handles (per my husband's request). It's great to use for making homemade garlic bread, too. (To make garlic bread, I usually just use whatever bread I have laying around, butter, minced garlic, basil and oregano and put it the oven for about 7 mins.) Last thing I ordered was a bamboo dry erase board that I'm planing to mount and use as my honey-do list. Pretty excited about that one, not sure how excited hubby is though!