I actually like to use a 1/2 and 1/2 blend of turkey and ground beef whenever any recipe calls for ground beef. It's just a little bit healthier and it produces a really yummy and less greasy tasting flavor if you know what I mean. Feel free to go all-turkey if you want.
So, here's the recipe I use. It came from my mother-in-law who makes these (and so does her mother) and they are soooo good. She doesn't measure anything though so she just told me the ingredients. After many times making and tweaking this, I finally have gotten it to taste like hers...
1/2 lb ground turkey
1/2 lb ground beef
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 onion, diced
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp parsley4 bell peppers (choose your favorite color!)
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 (10 3/4oz) can condenced tomato soup
1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cut off tops of peppers and remove seeds.
2. Knead together turkey and beef with eggs, rice, onion, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and parsley.
3. Stuff peppers with turkey mixture. Place into Crock-Pot.
4. Stir together garlic, tomato soup, diced tomatoes and sugar. Pour over stuffed peppers.
5. Cook on low for 4 hrs or until thoroughly cooked. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Yield: Serves 4
Things you'll need: