Curried Apple Butternut Squash Soup Recipe

Curried Apple Butternut Squash Soup Recipe

This is a deliciously rich soup with a sweet, earthy flavor. I don't love butternut squash or apples particularly but together with the spices, some kind of magic happens and I end up really savoring this soup. I had some garam masala leftover from the Indian Butter Chicken recipe I made recently so I used that for a richer flavor but you can also use plain curry. It's warmth is perfect for a crisp fall day!

Ingredients
1 butternut squash, cubed
1 carrot
1 stalk celery
16oz chicken stock*
1 onion, chopped
1 potato
2 tsp minced garlic
2 cups apple sauce
1 tsp garam masala or curry
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream

*Vegetarians, substitute vegetable stock.

Directions
1. Place all ingredients, minus the sour cream, into a Crock-Pot and cook on low for 4hours.

2. Place cooked ingredients into a blender, add sour cream and purée.

Serves: 4-6