Thursday, November 1, 2012
Italian Mascarpone and Ricotta Cheesecake Recipe
I have only three words to describe this Italian mascarpone and ricotta cheesecake: To. Die. For. Enough said. Here's how to make it:
4 honey oatmeal breakfast bars (2 individual packages)
1/4 cup almonds, ground
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp flour
16oz cream cheese, room temperature
8oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
8oz ricotta cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
4 large eggs, room temperature
Heat Nutella w/ a little milk and drizzle over top
Cherry pie filling
Caramel sauce drizzled with shaved chocolate
Preheat oven to 325˚.
1. Grind oatmeal bars and almonds using food processor or a mortar and pestle. Add melted butter and salt and press into bottom of a completely greased springform pan.
2. Bake for 10 minutes at 325˚. Let cool. Mix sugar and flour together and sprinkle over top of crust. (This prevents crust from getting soggy)
3. Prepare the water bath: wrap the bottom of your springform pan with a single sheet of foil, going all the way up the sides and fold over along the top edge or the springform pan. This will block water from coming in. Place the springform pan into a roasting pan and set aside.
1. Beat cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, ricotta cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Mix in eggs one at a time. Pour cheesecake mixture into springform pan overtop of the crust layer.
2. Fill your roasting pan with hot water, half way up the side of the springform pan.
3. Bake at 325˚ until the center of the cheesecake is wobbly when shaken, about 1hr and 5 mins. Let cool then refrigerate, preferably overnight.
Here's a great video from allrecipes.com if you need some visuals for preparing a water bath for your cheesecake!
"The Mascarpone and ricotta cheese blend offers a very distinguished flavor! It's not overly sweet and that's what I like about this recipe."
Things you may need to make this: