This is a super easy and fantastic recipe if I do say so myself. Well actually my hubby is the brains behind this recipe so I can't take the credit anyway. I love this dish because it's so insanely good, it's easy to prep and it can be double to serve a large group. Perfect for our extended family dinner nights.
5lb bag raw shrimp
2 chicken breasts
1 package linguine
2 tbsp basil
1 tbsp spinach
1/2 tbsp parsley flakes
1/2 tbsp oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder1/2 cup grape seed oil, plus more to grease pan
2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheesed
salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook linguine as directed on the package.
2. Toast pine nuts until golden brown then set aside.
3. Mix together basil, parsley, oregano, salt and garlic powder with oil and set aside.
4. Pound out chicken breasts, slice into thin strips. Sear them in an oiled pan on medium-high heat for 1 minute on each side, then turn down to medium and cook the rest of the way. Add shrimp so that they cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until just pink.
5. Once chicken, shrimp and noodles are cooked, toss everything together with the pesto sauce and pine nuts then serve topped with parmesan cheese.