Carrot & Cranberry Salad with Ginger Dressing Recipe

Carrot & Cranberry Salad with Ginger Dressing Recipe

This is a recipe submission from my lovely sister, Priya. She lives the big-city life in Chicago where she has the luxury of sampling a variety of different types of foods. Don't let her humble preamble fool you, she is actually quite the inspired cook and works her way through the spice cabinet with confidence. Her favorite foods not only look beautiful but they also taste really good and are generally pretty good for you too. Here are a few words from my sister herself:

"I had a State of the Union party with some friends and thought the quasi-intellectual occasion a good one to make some delicious food. I don’t cook much, so don’t really have my own recipes, but nabbed some easy and reasonably inexpensive ones off epicurious.com. I did a little reinterpretation of the carrot and cranberry salad with ginger dressing by adding some protein and substance (tofu!) to it, to make it more 'meal-like.' As you can see in the photo below, I complimented my meal with a cool, refreshing whiskey ginger."


Spoken like a true city girl! OK, here's her recipe:

Carrot & Cranberry Salad with Ginger Dressing Recipe
14 oz soft tofu
5 large green onions, sliced
Bottle of ginger dressing (I cheated! See epicurious.com for dressing recipe)
4 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
2 cups bean sprouts

Place tofu in bowl and mash up into a puree. Mix in carrots, bean sprouts, cranberries and green onions. Top with enough dressing to coat. Pair with epicurious.com's Couscous with Fresh Cilantro and Lemon Juice recipe and enjoy!