Catalina Pink Pasta Salad Recipe

Catalina Pink Pasta Salad Recipe

This is one of my family's recipes that takes me back to summer barbecues we had when I was a kid. Now, I often make it at my own barbecues and everyone is always surprised to see a pink pasta salad! It's not just the lighting in the photo above, it's actually pink! Bet you haven't seen or had a pasta salad like this one before and if you have, then you know how good this is.

Ingredients
1 (20oz) large box of elbow macaroni
1 (16oz) bottle Catalina dressing
1 large
red onion, very thinly sliced
10 hard boiled eggs, sliced
2/3 cup mayo
1 (7oz) jar sliced green olives (optional)


Directions
1. Slice onion and eggs into rounds & then cut rounds into quarters. 

2. Cook pasta al dente; drain & rinse w/ cold water. 

3. Mix dressing, mayo, olives and onions. Add pasta then lightly fold in eggs.

4. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving, preferably overnight. 

Serves: 10-12