Crock-Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe


My sister and brother-in-law eat more Mexican food than anyone else I know. My bro-in-law is from Texas so it only makes sense that he'd be a fan and my sister-in-law, she just loves some Mexican food.  So it was not a big surprise when I went over to their house recently for dinner and they served up some Mexican-inspired white chicken chili, complete with cilantro.

My sister-in-law is like my mother-in-law in that they don't generally follow a recipe because they are good like that, so I knew I better ask her right away how she made it. She told me about cilantro paste which I had seen at the store before but hadn't tried. It tasted great in the chili, very fresh tasting and about 1/3 of the price of fresh too. Considering it's winter and all my fresh herbs are outside and frozen right now and will be until about June, I was sold. So I did buy some cilantro paste and recreated her chili so it's now on the books!

Ingredients
4 chicken breasts
4 cups chicken stock
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 onion, diced
2 red peppers, diced
1 (4oz) can diced green chilies
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cups white corn
1/2 lime, juiced
2 (14.5oz) cans white beans
2 tsp cilantro paste
1/2 cup sour cream

Try it topped with diced avocado and crumbled tortilla chips! 

Directions
1. Place chicken, garlic, onion, red pepper, green chilies, cumin, lime juice, salt and garlic in a greased slow cooker. Pour chicken stock over top. Cook for 4hrs on low.

2. Remove chicken and shred. Place chicken back in Crock-Pot and stir in cream, lime juice, beans and corn. Heat on high for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

3. Right before serving, stir in cilantro and sour cream.