Peaches and Cream Carrot Bread

Peaches and Cream Carrot Bread

Yesterday my mother-in-law gave me a bag full of fresh-picked peaches, ripe and ready to eat. I wanted to make something with them out of stuff I had on hand. With my littlest one being sick this past weekend, I didn't feel up to a trip to the store for special ingredietns. That and my grocery budget doesn't replenish until the 1st of next month. So... since I pretty much always have enough stuff to whip up some bread, that's what I decided to do. I love spiced breads with veggies hidden inside. They are so much healthier than donuts, danishes, etc. yet still satisfy that sweet tooth. I think you're going to love this recipe. It's a great way to use up peaches that are on their last day.

Ingredients
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking power
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup chopped pecans
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup cooking oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups diced fresh peaches
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup fresh shredded carrots


Directions
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and pecans.

2. In a large bowl beat eggs, add sugar, oil and vanilla. Mix well.

3. Fold in peaches, cream and carrots.  Add dry ingredients until thoroughly moistened.

4. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350˚ for 1hr.

Yield: 2 loaves

You might also like my Pineapple Zucchini Bread and my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.